Have you observed the connection between the way you eat and the way you live? How we eat is also how we spend money, time, love, and our energetic resources.
When we turn to cravings repeatedly, we create a cycle of overeating, obsessing, and sometimes punishing ourselves for these eating habits. When the root source isn't actually hunger, food won't alleviate the problem but temporarily soothes our discomfort and often leads to more shame and guilt.
Let's communicate with our bodies and work together on the struggle with processing emotional reactions to rewire the brain and become mindful, understand our relationship with food, and appropriately deal with cravings when they arise.
Refer back to my previous blog and review the Circle of Life to pinpoint areas that are going well for you and areas you are less satisfied in. Approach your diet with love and know that food gives you the nourishment you need to be you.
In the meantime, here are some helpful eating guidelines...
- Eat when you are hungry.
- Eat sitting down in a calm environment. This does not include the car!
- Eat without distractions. This includes radio, television, newspapers, books, and intense or anxiety-producing conversations or music.
- Eat what your body wants.
- Eat until you are satisfied.
- Eat (with the intention of being) in full view of others.
- Eat with enjoyment and pleasure.
And remember, happiness is an inside job.